users@glassfish.java.net

How to package Persistence Unit at Application Level

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:18:29 PST

I have a persistent unit in an application that runs on the glassfish server. The application does not have any ejbs and will not be accessed through a servlet. I have created a persistence archive but haven't figured out where to put the "persistence-unit-ref" deployment descriptor. I know it can go in the web.xml and the ejb-jar.xml but I will not be accessing the persistence unit through either an ejb or servlet.

How can I get the glassfish server to recognize the persistence unit from the application level instead of ejb or web?

Thanks for your help!
[Message sent by forum member 'melodyk' (melodyk)]