users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to package Persistence Unit at Application Level

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:49:10 +0530

That code is active for application client container. Your code is *not*
running inside application client container, hence you can't use that
code path.

Why would you not like to use EJB? You can expose the EJB as a Web
Service end point and a remote interface and you have both of your
access paths covered? Are you not trying to reinvent the same using RMI?

Sahoo