users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Is there anything like operating system clustering for glassfish?

From: Dick Davies <rasputnik_at_hellooperator.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 23:51:53 +0000

If you had something like apache, you could make it highly availiable
by running it on
Sun Cluster.

Glassfish clusters don't have single points of failure, so there's no
need to involve Sun
Cluster (if you lose your DAS , you need to rebuild it before making
changes to the cluster,
but the server instances can run without it).

But if you had e.g. a single database backend, that would need
clustering and you
could use sun cluster for that.

There's a doc on using Sun Cluster to address these issues here:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-7000/6mmbndqgp?a=view