users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to share file resources on glassfish servers and its deployed apps?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 10:31:43 PST

Thanks Paul for the link. I went through and looked at the samples and did not find any that would help with mapping/adding file or folder resources. Though some will be helpful on other issues such as the ssl web service. So for that I thank you.
 I Have been busy and finally am coming back to this resource issue. I still have not found a good sample or answer to the question and am laying it out there or ttt it to see if anyone else has a solution or sample. I would like to clarify the question a bit.
Looks as if we will deploying a stand alone app that accesses a ejb or web service sitting on Glassfish v2ur2. I would like to be able to map or add a large number of files that can be accessed through the service/ejb. So far the only sample Ive come across is by adding the files into a package.name.resource in the ejb and allow the ejb's classloader to load the files. This is not a good solution as ofcourse this file list will grow and most likely will located on another networked storage. This is a high priority so I will be investigating it. Thanks all
[Message sent by forum member 'javajoe83' (javajoe83)]