users@glassfish.java.net

Re: ActivationSpec definition in Glassfish?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 02:05:05 PST

Same problem here;

We have multiple environments with different configurations (development, test,
integration, education, production). Integration, education and production
are managed by an external provider. I think this is a common scenario.

Having all the ActivationSpec info in the deployment descriptor makes the application
inflexibly. The provider has no chance to scale his environments (poolsizes etc), unless
he switches from the deployer role to the assembler role.

But the provider (deployer) is not the application assembler. Modifying artifacts
by the provider is a contract violation and any SLA's are void.

The separation of the JEE roles Application Assembler and Deployer is not possible,
unless the Activation Spec can be managed by the Deployer without changing the
.war/.ear files.

Does the community recognize this need?

Thank your for any feedback...

Ivo
[Message sent by forum member 'jdrive' (jdrive)]