users@glassfish.java.net

Re: is glassfish a web server?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 15:55:37 PST

> Hi World,
>
> Recently i started off to work with glassfish and i
> dont understand very well how it works...

That's ok. Not many do :)

> 1. Flex Application is a SWF inside HTML Page. This i
> must keep in web server. Then my question is: apart
> from glassfish, must i have a web server such as
> Apache for hosting the HTMl Page? or could i keep the
> HTML page inside glassfish? how??? what must i do?

Well if you have a public web-site that hosts it, you can do anything you want. Of course,
GlassFish is (also) a web server. It can very well host your html file. Just place it in
GlassFish's docroot, (e.g. <install>/domains/domain-name/docroot) and access it as:
http://host:8080/file-name.html

> 2. I want to work with AlivePDF for print. This need
> a class .java inside server (access from flex
> application (web page) to java class). Can i keep a
> file in some directory of glassfish... such that
> the application access to address example:
> localhost:8888/alive_pdf/crearpdf.java?

Just place it in the docroot as above and refer to it using relative paths.

> I hope that you can help me with my problems, im so
> confused about glassfish

Again, it's understandable.

-Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]