users@glassfish.java.net

is glassfish a web server?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 11:20:39 PST

Hi World,

Recently i started off to work with glassfish and i dont understand very well how it works...

I'm developing a RIA browser application with FLex, and it consumes web services of glassfish server. But i have 2 problems:

1. Flex Application is a SWF inside HTML Page. This i must keep in web server. Then my question is: apart from glassfish, must i have a web server such as Apache for hosting the HTMl Page? or could i keep the HTML page inside glassfish? how??? what must i do?

2. I want to work with AlivePDF for print. This need a class .java inside server (access from flex application (web page) to java class). Can i keep a file in some directory of glassfish... such that the application access to address example: localhost:8888/alive_pdf/crearpdf.java?

I hope that you can help me with my problems, im so confused about glassfish

thanks in advance

vania
[Message sent by forum member 'vaniacampos' (vaniacampos)]