users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Corba Minor Code 311

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 12:02:15 PDT

The problem here is that the exception chaining was screwed up in the Threadpool code.
This should be fixed in the latest GFv2 patch (or possibly GFv2.1), but I can't track that
easily. I did fix this bug recently in both the GFv2 and the GFv3 ORBs, because it
can mask failures, leaving no useful information behind. All that you can tell
is that the Threadpool caught a COMM_FAILURE exception with minor code 203.

203 is writeErrorSend, which occurs when an attempt is made to write to a connection
that is already closed (for example, the other side may have closed it). Getting the
full stack trace might help here.

Note that the 311 minor code just means that a worker thread in the threadpool had its
work item complete by throwing an exception, which is generally a bad idea. The
threadpool guards against this, but the error in the logging hides the important information.
[Message sent by forum member 'kcavanaugh' (kcavanaugh)]