users@glassfish.java.net

Re: asadmin in v3

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:52:27 -0700

I think Manish meant that the sever must be running for the commands to
be executed.

yes there is a good reason for this change, most commands are
implemented on the server side as glassfish dynamic nature allows for
very different installations to have very different capabilities
(different set of commands), yet you would want to keep the same asadmin
client to talk to all of them.

Jerome