users@glassfish.java.net

Re: clusterjsp sample losing session data

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 19:15:19 PDT

Cameron, thanks for your comments so far!

Larry and I looked this over carefully, and we believe we may have found a spot in the code where lack of synchronization *may* ultimately result in session loss.

I can explain in more detail if you're interested,

Would it be possible for us to send you a patch in the form of a JAR file for you to try out?

Regarding your other comment about your own app not accessing any session, I'm not sure I understand how your webapp relates to the clusterjsp app.

As a rule of thumb, the web container will never create any HTTP session, unless it is asked to do so. Here's one thing that may seem surprising in this context: If your webapp contains a JSP, a session will automatically be created when the JSP is accessed, unless your JSP explicitly disabled sessions by including a page directive of the form:

  <%@ page session="false" %>

By deault, "session" is set to "true".

Thanks,

Jan
[Message sent by forum member 'jluehe' (jluehe)]