users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish domains on same server under own unix user credetials?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:26:10 PDT

There is confusion what I want to achieve. Under domain everything shall stay the same. Only difference is that domain will be in jailed environment: it runs from own NA. In same domain all recourses are shared. And use same domain administration login. The chain: One domain - one unix account/goup - one NA - multiple apps. That is OK. For another domain I will have another chain.

Different domains will have own admin pages. But one "superadmin" will perform cross-domain tuning. Same way as current DAS does. Except of specific domain details will be delegated to own domain admin.
That way "superadmin" could do all, domain-specific admins will be able to play with own domain only.

> all of the application deployments will need to go through the central admin
No, apps will go via domain-specific admin.
Central is designed to control domains, not apps.
It is still OK to pass up/down to domain admin app details. In that way superadmin could control as domains as apps within.

But I thought that superadmin logic is already in place: you can define own domain admins from global UI.

> you could have very centralized administration, but perhaps too centralized, and your instances all running under individual user settings.
That is right. I want to.
But domain in that terms will be insolated and in addition to centralized UI could have own admins and UI.

Let me play with GlassFish a bit more, I guess answer is already there.
[Message sent by forum member 'sashafirsov' (sashafirsov)]