users@glassfish.java.net

Re: clusterjsp sample losing session data

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 22:16:39 PDT

Hello again,

I just set up a two box Tomcat cluster and deployed clusterjsp (only the .war component obviously) and ran my JMeter test script against tomcat. It seems that tomcat can maintain somewhere between 8000 and 10000 req/min (from a single user) before session information is lost.

I then deployed my application to the tomcat cluster behind a loadbalancer and it works perfectly. The sessions are maintained even though the UI relies heavily on Frames.

We would like to use Glassfish as one of our supported platforms because further down the track we will be migrating to more JEE features (entity persistence, EJBs, etc) but for now we are stuck with a Frame based UI and it is simply unusable on Glassfish (with Availability enabled).

I am very interested in what your investigations find!

Thanks again
Cameron
[Message sent by forum member 'cameronr' (cameronr)]