users@glassfish.java.net

Re: CLI171 Command deploy failed : Deployment of application failed --

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 13:13:46 PDT

No I am not getting a precise error message like this:
"This operation failed, because it could not be handled by this domain.
An example of such an operation is creating application server instances
or clusters when they are not supported by the given domain.
The actual error is: Operation :listServerInstancesAsString is not found
in servers MBean.
CLI137 Command list-instances failed."

I am getting only "CLI137 Command list-instances failed." and nothing more.

I am not using cluster profile and I don't want to use that.

My intention is to bring up the glassfish server and deploy a war file and make some requests on the deployed war resource. I am doing all of this programmatically (by executing corresponding command on asadmin with --interactive set to false).

My problem is, as mentioned in the thread, deploy of war fails sometimes (does not happen everytime). I want to know of some way in which I can be sure that the server is up and ready for deployments (in both glassfish-v1 and glassfish-v2) before i run "asadmin deploy".

Any pointers on this ?
[Message sent by forum member 'abhisanoujam' (abhisanoujam)]