users@glassfish.java.net

Re: CLI171 Command deploy failed : Deployment of application failed --

From: Sankar Neelakandan <Sankar.Neelakandan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 11:41:24 -0700

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Thanks Shankar for the quick reply.
> Tried that too, but its now plainly giving me this:
> CLI137 Command list-instances failed.

This means now it is taking the password and contacting the DAS.

To avoid asadmin prompting for the user/password use asadmin login
command once.

To be precise are you getting this

asadmin list-instances
This operation failed, because it could not be handled by this domain.
An example of such an operation is creating application server instances
or clusters when they are not supported by the given domain.
The actual error is: Operation :listServerInstancesAsString is not found
in servers MBean.
CLI137 Command list-instances failed.

or something else ?.

If you are getting the above error most likely you have a developer
profile domain which doesn't support clusters and list-instances command
will not work in domains which doesn't have support for clusters.
You can upgrade your domain by login in to Admin Console and click on
"Add Cluster Support" button ...

or you can create a new domain using

asadmin create-domain --profile cluster --user <admin_user>
--passwordfile <your_password_file> --adminport <adminport>
mycluster_domain

which has support for clusters.

If your intention is to just deploy a war module and test it you can use
the default instance DAS.

to deploy a application to DAS use

asadmin deploy <your war module>

> And nothing more than that. No idea why it failed.
>
> Any idea on the Q-2 above? Putting it here again..
> Is there any common command for glassfish-v1.ur1-p010b02 and glassfish-v2.ur2.b04 where I can find out if the instances are up and running before attempting to deploy war files ??

list-instances is the command which will print the available instances
and its status.