users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EntityTransaction vs UserTransaction

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 07:14:31 PDT

here is something I found in the JPA faq

Q. Can I use a resource-local EntityManager in my web application?

Yes, you can use both resource-local as well as JTA EntityManager in your web application. The same applies to an EJB application as well. But, we recommend you use a JTA EntityManager in your web and EJB applications and [b]use a resource-local EntityManager in your Java SE or Java EE client application. [/b]

There is no reason given though.
[Message sent by forum member 'bobxu' (bobxu)]