users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Unique Constraint Question

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 19:16:15 PDT

This is a larger question, I think, which is that SQL-level information in the error stack on the server side is not propagated to the client. I'm not sure why this is.

I understand, of course, why you might not wrap, for example, a YourDatabaseException inside (ultimately) an EJBException (since the client most likely will not have that class in its client side jars), but why not make the stack available? The problem you raise here is only one instance of a more systemic issue.

Glassfish folks--any input as to why the server-side information is not propagated to the client in its entirety, but left in the logs?

Best,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson' (ljnelson)]