users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Unique Constraint Question

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 04:11:33 PDT

While I would agree with Laird about propagating the error information to the client, I think the error information should be available on the server (session bean) as well. I think it should be possible for application code in the session bean to catch these exceptions and then optionally throw an application specific exception to the client. The server can always enforce the "rollback transaction" requirement in this case without skipping the catch. I would imagine this would require a change in the spec, but it would be a worthwhile change in my opinion.
[Message sent by forum member 'rickhoro' (rickhoro)]