users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Unique Constraint Question

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 05:47:54 PDT

> While I would agree with Laird about propagating the
> error information to the client, I think the error
> information should be available on the server
> (session bean) as well.

Oh, I agree. I wasn't talking about anything terribly sophisticated. Let the server side exception do what the server side exception does. Just make it so that everything that can be wrapped and shipped to the client is, in fact, wrapped and shipped to the client, and, more importantly, the stuff that [i]can't[/i] be shipped to the client--the SQLExceptions originating from the underlying database, etc.--is at least turned into a String or something that the client can see/work with.

Best,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson' (ljnelson)]