users@glassfish.java.net

Re: obtaining entity manager in entity

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:11:05 PDT

Hi,

I have a post (Sep 25 as well) with a similar question.

I need the entity manager in an entity to load a certain transient attribute of the entity (the DB stores a long list and the attribute of the entity should always contain the last entry in this long list).

[Of course, I could replace the single attribute in the entity with a list (OneToMany). But, this would load the whole list even if I only need the last entry. -- see my post from the same day]

Can someone please help us?

@Bobby: I'll keep you informed if I find a solution.

Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'naeger' (naeger)]