users@glassfish.java.net

Re: V3 question - connecting with jconsole

From: Bobby Bissett - Javasoft <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:34:31 -0400

> I'm starting GFv3 with:
> java -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -jar lib\glassfish-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

FWIW, I've followed the same steps on my solaris machine:
-remove gf
-java -jar installer
-start gf as above
-start jconsole

...and it's working fine. Is there any way to get more info to see
what's going wrong? When I try giving the java PID to jconsole it fails
with:

D:\>jconsole 4020
Unable to attach to 4020: Could not map vmid to user name

I'm not sure what to do with that info. Any help would be appreciated. I
need to get this working on this specific (windows) machine so I can use
it in a demo.

Cheers,
Bobby