users@glassfish.java.net

V3 question - connecting with jconsole

From: Bobby Bissett - Javasoft <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:10:14 -0400

Hi all,

This was working for me last week, so I'm hoping someone can spot a
simple mistake I'm making now. I'm trying to use jconsole with GFv3
(preview1-b2) to show classes being loaded when containers are loaded.
This is on windows, and my firewall is turned off (since it doesn't seem
to want my computer to talk to itself).

I'm starting GFv3 with:
java -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -jar lib\glassfish-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Then I start jconsole and there are no local connections that it has
found. When I try the Remote tab and give it localhost:8686 or
127.0.0.1:8686 it pauses and tells me "Connection failed."

In my domain.xml file, I have the security-enabled attribute set to
false in the jmx-connector element. I also set accept-all to true in
case that helped anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bobby