users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Random NoClassDefFoundErrors during JWS client application execution

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 15:58:42 PDT

Hi, Steve.

Very interesting.

The ACC itself attempts to clean up the temporary directory, but only from its shutdown handler which should be executed only by the JVM's shutdown logic. It should not run until the event dispatcher thread (and all other non-daemon threads) have stopped.

In the log do you see a message "Clean-up starting" anywhere? There's no guarantee that this will appear, because this is written using the logger and with the JVM in the process of shutting down that file channel may have already been closed. If you see the message, then we know the shutdown handler is called prematurely. If you do not see the message, that doesn't guarantee anything. In fact, I just ran a simple test client and I did not see the log message.

As usual, I have a few more questions.

Is there any chance that you have an automatic process running that periodically cleans out the temporary directory?

Have you had a chance to try this with appclient as opposed to JWS?

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]