users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Lookup problem using JNDI with Glassfish 9.1

From: Hadraba Petr <hadrabap_at_bluetone.cz>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 20:50:18 +0200

Hi all,

I'm using JNDI lookups just smoothly. I'm using Java WebStart
technology to start my client application.

But I'm running into strange issue with JNDI names. I'm using
PostgreSQL for my application and I'm using more then one connection
pools because of database-user-based security. I suggest the following
naming schema:

jdbc/PostgreSQL/appclient
jdbc/PostgreSQL/adminclient

The problem is in the second slash. All JNDI names with more then one
slash are not available for lookup() and also the JNDI browser in
GlassFish's admin GUI does not shows them.

Is this behavior correct???

Thank you for your advices.

Sincerely

PETR