users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Random NoClassDefFoundErrors during JWS client application execution

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 02:29:29 PDT

Hi Tim,

I have checked out whether there is any program that is clearing out the temporary directories on the machine, and at the moment, I cannot find any such program - but that's not to say there isn't one - I just don't know what it would be. I have seen, though, that it is possible to manually delete all the sub-directories and their contents with Windows Explorer while the application client is running. It would appear as if none of the files are locked, which would allow anything to delete them, and thus stopping the application from working. Surely, if the application needs them to run, something should have locked the files ?

There are no messages anywhere indicating that it is the ACC doing the clean-ups.

I am struggling to use the appclient script to start this application, mainly because of class path issues, but here is the listing up until things go wrong :-

prepareJWSSettings 0
processCommandLine 0
determineClassNameForClassFileLaunch 0
chooseConfigFile 0
validateXMLFile 0
prepareLogging 156
locateAppclientJarOrDir 0
prepareJWSLoginConfig 0
Utility.checkJVMVersion 16
prepareSecurity 203
Switch.getSwitch().setProviderManager 0
Switch.getSwitch().setContainerType 0
setTargetServerProperties 31
prepareURLStreamHandling 0
AppContainer.initializeNaming 2484
AppClientInfoFactory/prepareArchivist 110
AppClientInfoFactory/new-StandALongAppClientInfo 15
StandAloneAppClientInfo/appArchive.open 0
AppClientInfo/expand 0
AppClientInfo/createClassLoader 438
AppClientInfo/populateDescriptor 656
AppClientInfo/archivist.validate 16
AppClientInfo/fixupWSDLEntries 0
AppClientInfoFactory.buildAppClientInfo 0
appClientInfo.getAppClient 0
createAppContainer 0
prepareShutdownCleanup 0
Authenticator.setDefault 0
appClientInfo.getClassLoader 0
container.preInvoke 0
loadMainClientClass 0
Switgh.getSwitch().getInjectionManager 0
cleanup.setInjectionManager 0
injMgr.injectClass 0
appArgs.toArray 0
Mon Aug 20 11:11:16 CAT 2007 - MyApplication Main started.
Utility.invokeApplicationMain 234
Mon Aug 20 11:11:16 CAT 2007 - MyApplication Main Frame about to set visible.
Mon Aug 20 11:11:17 CAT 2007 - MyApplication Main Frame initialising components.

Mon Aug 20 11:11:17 CAT 2007 - MyApplication looking up beans starting.
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/cashp
ower/suprima/data/databaseaccess/Id_GeneratorRemote

The start-up is much faster than from JWS.

Regards,

Steve.
[Message sent by forum member 'suttridge_farm' (suttridge_farm)]