users@glassfish.java.net

KeepAliveFailure using .net proxies to access JAX-WS web service

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:15:49 PDT

When I use generated .net proxy classes to access my JAX_WS web service, I get this exception from the proxy after 15 seconds elapses from the time I make my first service call:

The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.

I've googled the heck out of this for some resolution that would involve changing my .net code, but the only solution that I can find is to disable keep-alive in my proxy class. However, since I am using basic authentication, it is required that the proxies use keep-alive and this disabling is not an option.

If I could increase the keep-alive time to forever, then I think the error would go away. So I go into the glassfish admin panel and go to Configuration->HTTP Service->Keep Alive tab, I see the timeout value and I change it to 999999. This seems to fix my problem, But I am curious to know how I can work with a reasonable keep-alive value like 15 or 30 seconds.
[Message sent by forum member 'atappert' (atappert)]