users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Creating InitialContext with 1.6

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:14:47 PDT

Hi Tim,

> Considering that this is working now under build 50,
> I'm planning to close Issue 3144, and I'm going to
> paste your notes from here into the notes for the
> issue to help explain. I'm going to keep this on my
> separate to-do list, though, because I would like to
> come back and understand what the problem was and
> what the solution turned out to be.

This is a good idea because there is still something wrong with the build 50.
I have couple of different issues but seems somehow it could be connected to issues described in this thread. Especially the most important clue related to the situation when bean suddenly started work after redeployment the glassfish b41.
My bean worked only when I tried hard to do actions like restarting glassfish (build 49) redeploying application or restarting application. After switching to build 50 it started work fine. So I believe something was very wrong in the build 49.
I didn't have issue with security but I got message "server unknown" and I believe it pointed to data server. By the way my coworker had issue with security on the same project that worked fine on my computer. Only difference between our systems was that he has some folder with name that include russian letters.

Regarding build 50 I have at least two issues.
1)When I added new method to my stateless bean and made redeployment of the application I got error:
"Could not find method void persist(java.lang.Object) in class com.medenterprise.app.patientrecord.session._PatientRecordRemote_Remote]"
2)I can't get access to my bean directly from netbeans module.
I used instruction how to do it from this link:
http://wiki.netbeans.org/wiki/view/DevFaqCallEjbFromNbm

My environment:
glassfish b51
jdk 1.6.0_01
netbeans 5.5.1

To reproduce the first issue just redeploy the application with additional method of the ejb that declare the method in the remote interface.
I can send my simple project only problem is that it using mysql server.
If you wish I could also create for test purposes the simplest project with derby db to demonstrate the issue. By the way it's good idea to have always available from your side simple project that using JPA, stateless bean and application client. This way developers could try to reproduce the problems on your test oriented project.

Thank you,
Vladimir
[Message sent by forum member 'vladperl' (vladperl)]