users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Creating InitialContext with 1.6

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 05:26:50 PDT

Hi Tim,

Good point about the connection pool, sorry about that. It's just a simple Derby connection to persist the "Role" pojo. But thinking about it, The "InitialContext creation" problem shouldn't depend on the presence of the EJB, so maybe you can just delete that @Entity from the project, or even take out the whole EJB project altogether from the EAR, and try again. I'll do it too on my end monday morning.

About the app-client startup option, I did try that, but not how you described it; I'm lazy, so I just clicked "Download client stubs" from the admin web page, downloaded the jar and then typed appclient -cllient <retrieved-jar> . I assume this does the same as you asked? Anyway, yes, I tried that, and there's no permission problems at all.

Francis
[Message sent by forum member 'chiss' (chiss)]