users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Creating InitialContext with 1.6

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 07:34:16 PDT

Francis, something about this sounds similar to something I experienced, and traced back to pilot error.

In general, the CORBA machinery [i]really[/i] obscures errors. See, for example, my trials at http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=203947&#203947. You'll note the same permission issues (these are side effects). In my case, a runtime exception (a MissingResourceException) was preventing a class from being initialized, which resulted in CORBA spew much like the stuff you're showing here.

Best,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson' (ljnelson)]