users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can't install GF2 Beta b41 on Mac OS X

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 05:03:57 PDT

Hey,

I had the same problem. It was because I'd downloaded the sunos version instead of the darwin version by mistake.

It was because there was no lib/appserv-ext.jar, just a lib/appserv-ext.jar.pack.gz which lead me go back and check my history (I downloaded using curl on the command line, copied the link from firefox). Thanks Kedar for the pointer, you saved me a lot of grief! :-)

It might be a good idea to have the installer check the platform in this case to help silly people like me ;-)

Thanks again,

All the best, Jonathan.
[Message sent by forum member 'jongerrish' (jongerrish)]