users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish vs other app servers

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 17:23:06 -0400

Thanks. I think someone needs to spend some time reading marketing
material from all the competing products to come up with a list of
features to compare, and the values.

Sorry I can't offer many suggestions as I have only worked with Tomcat,
Jboss and Sun App Server 9/Glassfish. What I really liked about Sun App
Server/Glassfish over JBoss is that there is a web based admin console
to configure everything. I never need to look at XML files. Also the
admin GUI is hosted on a separate port so it is not exposed to Internet
users. What else? Web service monitoring is handy. You could mention
clustering, and all the new features in Glassfish 2.

Thanks,
Ryan