users@glassfish.java.net

Still Fighting Comet

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 06:47:26 PDT

I'm trying to get the Comet example going. I've now solved all of my path and build issues (using comet-1.5.0.jar and associated jars) but now have a problem running.

Whenever I run, I get a

"Grizzly Comet hasn't been registered" error from

cometContext.addCometHandler(handler);

Investigating further, it seems to be caused by the CometEngine returning a null SelectionKey from its activateContinuation method. This in turn seems to be because it looks for the current thread in threadsId and none have been put there. They're meant to be put there by the handle method, which I don't seem to be calling.

When should that method be called and any idea why I'm failing to call it when using J.F. Arcand's demo?
[Message sent by forum member 'gseel' (gseel)]