users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Still Fighting Comet

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 07:48:22 PDT

Jeanfrancois - thanks for the response.

At present I am using

- Sun Java Application Server 9 (= Glassfish 1?)
- comet-1.5.0.jar and the other associated jars
- your sample chat app from your blog (unaltered except to add a few diagnostic printouts)

Once I get that working, the aim is to develop a football score update application that pushes updates (goals, substitutions etc.) because our current site gets overwhelmed with refreshes near the end of important games!

Sounds like I should retry with Glassfish 3 as things seem to have moved on since your original blog? Should your demo still work if the environment is set up right or does it need an update?

Thanks again.
[Message sent by forum member 'gseel' (gseel)]