users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Configuring Client Certificate Authentication for a Web Application

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 13:01:19 PDT

Following up to my own question:

I generated a self signed certificate and imported it into Firefox, then I also imported it into GlassFish.

I then modified http-listener-2 to require client authentication by clicking on the checkbox labeled "Client Authentication" on the SSL tab. I also added the default s1as certificate nickname. I saved the changes and restarted glassfish.

The server now requires the certificate from the browser, however it does when trying to access any application through port 8181. I would like to do this only for certain applications.

Any hints appreciated.

Eraser
[Message sent by forum member 'eraser' (eraser)]