users@glassfish.java.net

Versions to consider - startup company

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 13:39:46 PDT

I'm working with a startup company who has expressed interest in using Java EE 5 as their platform - sticking strictly with spec standards, so naturally Glassfish came to mind first. I typically use JBoss because I've found it to be less of a moving target but have used Glassfish in the past...and there are several things I really like about it as well.

I'm going to conduct some testing over the next couple of weeks and my question is; for a product that will be completed over the next 12 mo. - is using Glassfish V2 safe at this point? Will it be final sometime early within my timeframe? Is it feature complete? What should I be considering? I've been looking at JBoss 5.0 as well because it is in beta stage right now...but I've been unable to get any idea when 5.0 might be final for them....and many serious issues remain.

Thanks for the input!
[Message sent by forum member 'zambizzi' (zambizzi)]