users@glassfish.java.net

Web service invocation slow when run from Java Web Start

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 07:58:54 PDT

Hi,

I'm playing a bit with the Java EE 5 SDK, Sun Java System Application Server Platform Edition 9.0_01 and NetBeans 5.5 and I'm having a weird problem. I hope this is the right forum to ask.

I've started with the First Cup tutorial and created a simple Swing application client for the firstcup project. When I deploy the client on the server and then launch it using Java Web Start, the web service invocation (DukesAgeService.getDukesAge()) takes about 25 seconds to complete. When the exact same client is launched from the command line using appclient or from NetBeans, the web service invocation completes without a noticeable delay.

What could be the problem? What tools can I use to track it down?

Thanks for any help.
[Message sent by forum member 'koser' (koser)]