users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Another performance issue, JDK5 vs JDK6

From: David Harrigan <dharrigan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 05:14:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi Scott,

I've done another round of testing using b26 and again this issue is still
evident. As soon as I use JDK 6 my TPS goes down to < 1ps, under
JDK5 I'm getting ~3ps. I even tried hitting GF directly on port 8080,
which made no difference.

To further my testing, I kept JDK 6 and recompiled using sourcelevel
of 1.5 - no difference.

I then swapped to JDK 5 and restarted the server and ran my tests
and I'm immediately getting 3tps range again.

I must stress the only thing I'm changing is the JDK, the code of the
application isn't being touched at all. It's the same WAR always.

Something is wrong....anything else I could try?

-=david=-