quality@glassfish.java.net

RE: Anyone using Primefaces with Glassfish ? - 55 deploys of Basic Primefaces / JSF causes MaxPerm gen

From: Manfred Riem <mriem_at_manorrock.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 15:44:50 -0600

Hi Xavier,

I would not argue it is normal. I have multiple projects under development
and even

production deployment and I have to restart very rarely. I am not using
PrimeFaces,

nor any of its dependencies so that might be the reason why.

Plain JSF and my home-grown components do not result in MaxPerm exception

regularly. I haven’t had to restart my production servers in months even
though I

do at least one deployment per day.

Note this issue is a recurring issue and most times it is blamed on either
JSF or in this
case PrimeFaces, but quite honestly I would not be surprised if it not a
PrimeFaces

core problem, but a problem in one of its dependencies.

Kind regards,

Manfred