quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Is anyone else hitting 'OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space' on a regular basis with GlassFish 3.0 ?

From: Paul Merlin <eskatos_at_n0pe.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 14:55:10 +0200

Hey,

As I want to understand the PermGen issue I digged a bit more on the web and
found a series of interesting posts about it from Frank Kieviet at sun.

http://blogs.sun.com/fkieviet/entry/classloader_leaks_the_dreaded_java
http://blogs.sun.com/fkieviet/entry/how_to_fix_the_dreaded
http://blogs.sun.com/fkieviet/entry/more_on..._how_to_fix
http://blogs.sun.com/fkieviet/entry/javaone_2007

It seems to be a complex problem involving cross classloaders relations between
classes that prevent the garbage collection of undeployed applications
classloaders.

Hope this helps.

/Paul