quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: JSF 2, an implementation that works and looks pretty

From: Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:47:40 +0200

Hi Judy

2009/12/18 Judy Tang <Judy.J.Tang_at_sun.com>

> Great news. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, looks
> JSF2/GlassFish is holding strong for your projects. Please continue report
> issues to us!

thanks, will do.
I may need to move back to GlassFish 2.1 because I am lacking a good
production ready JSF 2 suite I am happy with. :-((
(and my traditional Icefaces 1.x does not work on GF 3 - Icefaces issue not
GlassFish)

> Let's see how many GlassFish beans we can harvest in the Frameworks table
> :-)
>
> (1) Icefaces 2.0.0 Alpha 1/GlassFish - struggle is with Icefaces, GlassFish
> is doing right thing, right?

Yes is looks ok, problem is it's Alpha 1. From what I can see only the
compatibility components works i.e. JSF 1.2 still.
The examples they bundle with JSF 1.2 only.

> (2) PrimeFaces 2.0.0 RC does not work in GlassFish 3. (I think there is a
> bug logged) - Is it a GlassFish bug or not? If yes, please give bug number,
> I can help follow up.

I think this is a Primefaces issue. There is something that JSF2 does not
like with Primefaces.
You can try it out. http://www.primefaces.org/downloads.html (sample wars
are at the bottom)

> (3) OpenFaces 2.0 EA2OpenFaces 2.0 EA2/GlassFish - working fine on v3 b74b,
> right? I can use following link in the Frameworks table to say this sample
> worked on v3 b74b, right :-)

Yes , actually it works well. I made the assumption that OpenFaces 2 was JSF
2, but it's not.
It's a bit of a pain to set up and I still don't have a good maven example
that works.

(4) RichFaces 4.0.0 Alpha 1
I could not get the samples going a while back. Must still check it out
again. http://www.jboss.org/richfaces/download/milestones.html
The wonderful thing is that they provide a Maven project so it takes most of
the guess work out.

(5) Apache MyFaces- Core JSF 2.0
It seems to be in some kind of pre-release, so I can't use this in
production.
http://myfaces.apache.org/core20/index.html

*If anyone can suggest anything else, please do.*

thanks
Richard.