quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: JSF 2, an implementation that works and looks pretty

From: Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 08:22:08 +0200

2009/12/21 Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com>

> The last 3 seem to work really well. The dataTable has an issue with
>> UICommands (commandLink, commandButtons, etc) in the table that I hope to
>> have resolved before the end of the Christmas break. Before 2.0 goes final,
>> I'd like to have a gcal-like calendar component and comet support, for
>> example. If there is anything else you'd like to see, feel free to email me
>> (or file an RFE on the tracker) and I'll do what I can.
>

> Much appreciated, thanks Jason :)
>
> A true lazy loading data table component would be nice.
> I create Stateless Session that exposes the following for my tables (uses
> Session Beans from entity classes NetBeans pattern) :
>
> * void create(MigrationAudit migrationAudit);
>
> void edit(MigrationAudit migrationAudit);
>
> void remove(MigrationAudit migrationAudit);
>
> MigrationAudit find(Object id);
>
> List<MigrationAudit> findAll();
>
> List<MigrationAudit> findRange(int[] range);
>
> int count();*
>
> It would be nice to have a datatable consume this pattern and load into
> memory only what is needs.
> Will send you a proper RFE :)

After running the 'create JSF 2 pages from Entuty Beans' wizard in NetBeans
6.8, I see it does this for me.

No need for the RFE. ;-))

http://javaeequest.blogspot.com/2009/12/another-tale-of-how-richard-does-javaee.html

The conclusion :
*To my amazement I see the NetBeans 'create JSF pages from Entity Beans
wizard' does this all for me. And holy cow it seems to allow for lazy
pattern!

My hat goes off to the NetBeans people. You saved me so much time! *

regards
Richard.