quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: gfv3-b33: updatetool?

From: Kristian Rink <rink_at_planconnect.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:46:49 +0100

Hi there;

consequently trying to use the browser on these URLs on the Solaris host
(via command line and "links" text mode browser):

Christopher Kampmeier schrieb:
> http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3/dev/solaris-x86/

... is reachable, does show an IPS repository so I think this is okay. Also
seems to list wxpython, updatetool and friends amongst the packages
available there.

> origin = http://repine.sfbay:16000/

What kind of host is this? Doesn't looks like it should be publicly
available, however in my case here is the pkg.glassfish.org URL listed so I
assume it doesn't matter... :)

> prefix = dev.glassfish.org

This host is not available, neither here nor there, but assuming it's not an
URL anyway I think this also shouldn't be a problem.

> origin-for-sunos-i386 = http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3/contrib/solaris-x86/

contrib access also works flawlessly on the same machine. I don't see any
problem here.

So, nothing I can really add at the moment... also tried different shells on
the Solaris machine, just to prevent possible flaws in working with zsh or
bash, but no change. Is there a way to, asides having the 404 spit out,
determine which URL has been tried to reach when that IOException has been
thrown? Maybe this would shed some light on this...

Cheers & thanks in advance,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink