quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Question]: I have 3 questions about http load balance of GlassFish V2

From: Wolfram Rittmeyer <w.rittmeyer_at_jsptutorial.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 17:09:02 +0100

Jamy Wang wrote:
> HI Kshitiz ,
>
> Thank you so much! I had found the way to create a http listener and
> dispatch to the cluster in GlassFish. But I still have 2 questions:
>
> 1) I still don't know how to configure a web app as a root context, such
> as accessed by http://hostname <http://hostname/>, I guess somewhere in
> the configuration of web server. Could you tell me?

There are different ways to achieve this. First you can specify a "/" as
context-root at deployment time:

asadmin deploy --contextroot / --name whatEver /path/to/whatEver.war

Another approach (probably the better one) is to use sun-web.xml (in the
WEB-INF directory):

<sun-web-app>
     <context-root>/</context-root>
</sun-web-app>