quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: deploydir deprecated

From: Survivant 00 <survivant00_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:52:23 -0400

Did you plan to do something with the copied files in the GlassFish-owned
.../applications directory?

yes and no.

Suppose that I develop an application and I want to test it.. I can deploy
the folder, test it.. and lets it like that, and continue developping
feature in my dev folder, and I don,t want them to be updated
automatically. If I want to test something live.. I could edit the page
directly in the GF folder.

Suppose I compare that with Tomcat.

I could have a context in tomcat conf.. that represent the webapps deployed
and another fro the work folder that i use in eclipse. The work folder is
reloaded when I modify a file, but not the other context.

if I want to do that in GF, I'll have to deploy the webapp as a war. and
deploy a folder for the work folder of Eclipse..