persistence@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Fwd: Re: TopLink help from someone at Sun]

From: Mitesh Meswani <Mitesh.Meswani_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 11:49:54 -0700

I am assuming that you are using Toplink Essentials (TLE), the default
JPA provider of GlassFish V2. It uses a L2 cache that is not cluster
aware (Please see
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/guruwons/archive/2006/09/understanding_t_1.html
to know more about TLE caching). You can use explicit refresh and
Optimistic Locking in your data access layer to make sure that you get
the desired behavior while running in a clustered environment. You can
also switch to use EclipseLink, the default JPA provider for V3.
EclipseLink's L2 cache can be made cluster aware.