dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish 3.1 Bug Swat Meeting

From: Ken <ken.cavanaugh_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 01:55:00 -0800

On 12/14/10 03:54 PM, Chris Kasso wrote:
> As Nazrul mentioned in his mail yesterday the weekly Engineering
> meeting has morphed into the weekly BugSwat meeting. The first meeting
> is tomorrow at 9AM PST:
>
> http://wikis.sun.com/display/GlassFish/3.1BugSwat
>
> The purpose of this meeting is to facilitate scrubbing and resolving open
> issues in order to produce a release candidate for 3.1.
>
> The meeting will kick off this week with an in depth look at open
> P1/P2 issues in JIRA along with QA Blockers.
>
> P1/P2:
> http://java.net/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10053
>
> QA Blockers:
> http://java.net/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10059
>
> If you own any of the issues associated with either query above you must:
>
> * Attend the BugSwat meeting to provide status on the issue(s) you own.
>
> -- or --
>
> * Prior to the BugSwat meeting send email to Chris with status on the
> issue(s) you own.
>
> -- or --
>
> * Clear the issue from the release by closing it, reducing the priority,
> excluding it, etc.
>

> What kind of status am I looking for?
>
> - When will the issue be scrubbed?
> - When will you submit a change request (if that is appropriate)
> - Is there anything blocking this issue from being fixed?
> - Is there anything waiting on this issue to be fixed?
>
> Once we reduce the P1/P2 count we will begin including P3 issues in
> the meeting as well. If you have a P3 or other issue you would like
> to discuss sooner feel free to raise it in the meeting.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

I have two issues on your list:

    * 14584: Servlet not able to make SSL connection to EJB
    * 14867: (Blocking) loadbalancing not happening when new instances
      are added to the cluster

I am mainly concentrating on IIOP FOLB issues (14867 plus the others:
14766, 14762, 14755, and 15100)
this week now that I have fixed (I think) all of the ORB issues with the
Trade2 benchmark
(unless more issues pop up as profiling continues).
I have been somewhat delayed by things like the recent change (since
reverted) that caused issue 15135
(which affected my ability to create a cluster in my dev test
framework), but that is now resolved.
I am also working to resolve some issues with my dev test framework that
are impacting my ability
to independently reproduce these bugs. I'll also pursue debugging
within DFT soon. I may be able
to get a change request out for the FOLB issues later this week.

Note that 14857 is blocking 16/34 SQE test cases for IIOP FOLB, so
fixing this issue is a priority.

I have briefly investigated 14584. So far, I have not been able to
reproduce the error
reported in the bug. I'll investigate further, and possibly close this
bug later this week.

Note that I will be on vacation/holiday from 12/22-1/2, so anything that
I can't fix by 12/21 will not be addressed until
sometime in January.

Ken.