dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Action : SEVERE, WARNING, INFO log messages

From: Sekhar Vajjhala <Sekhar.Vajjhala_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:49:29 -0400

I have uploaded a newer version of the output file containing missing
message IDS.
There are now two versions: using green-red color [1] , using
gray-black color [2]
to address color vision issues. I added links to both of these versions on
the serviceability page [3] .

Based on the email discussion:
- I removed target directory ( the tool used to look in both source and
target directories)
- I added included both LogStrings.properties files and Bundle.properties
  (I was told there might be some messages in Bundle.properties with
missing message IDS).
- the tool cannot determine (at least for now) whether a message
*should* have a message ID.
  So, for now, a message marked with a missing / incorrect message ID
will need further manual
  evaluation to determine if a message ID is really required or not.

[1]
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/attach/GlassFishV3LoggingServiceability/msgidlist.html

[2]
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/attach/GlassFishV3LoggingServiceability/msgidlist-gray.html