dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Action : SEVERE, WARNING, INFO log messages

From: Chandrasekhar Vajjhala <Sekhar.Vajjhala_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:27:09 -0400

Hi,

To assist in locating and fixing messages with missing message ID, I wrote
a tool. I ran the tool against the LogStrings.properties files in the
GlassFish V3 workspace,
and uploaded the output to GlassFish wiki page at [1] . I also linked
[1] off the
GlassFish Serviceability page [2] .

Take a look at the the summary at the top of [1] for information on
locating messages that need
to be fixed, statistics on files, messages etc.

Note:
a. My workspace is about a couple of weeks old.
b. I will rerun the tool periodically for now.
c. I am looking into integrating the tool into GlassFish v3 build using
maven.

Sekhar

[1]
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/attach/GlassFishV3LoggingServiceability/LogStrings-msgidlist.html?version=3