dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Please review orb-connector/pom.xml (and osgi.bundle) changes

From: Ken Cavanaugh <Ken.Cavanaugh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 21:21:56 -0700
Jerome Dochez wrote:
Mahesh Kannan wrote:
Sahoo wrote:
Mahesh, dependencyManagement

Please use dependencyManagement in v3/pom.xml to specify the versions of various corba artifacts and remove any such external version from orb/*/pom.xml and send it for review.
I have already checked in the changes since I got the approval from Jerome.
However, I will make the suggested changes and send it for review tomorrow.

I am not sure about orb-connector exporting threadpool manager and IIOPUtils. That is not what a connector module is supposed to be used for.

Ken / Jerome: Should we create a new module for these two classes?
I just checked the modules directory, we already have 7 glassfish-orb-xxx bundles and we have another 3 orb-xxx bundles so I would rather avoid creating yet another one. What are the dependencies of glassfish-corba-orbgeneric module ?
glassfish-corba-orbgeneric depends only on gmbal (and eventually management-api), because the
threadpool needs to expose some monitoring information.  orbgeneric does not depend on any
glassfish-corba-* or orb-* bundles.

We could probably reduce the number of glassfish-corba-* bundles if desired, roughly as follows
(I'm omitting the glassfish-corba to save typing):
I'm not sure if we could reduce the orb-* bundles.  Perhaps this could be moved from 3 to 2, but I don't think we could
get to 1 bundle there.

Ken.