dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: changes to the upgrade code?

From: Byron Nevins <Byron.Nevins_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 15:03:00 -0700

This is in the default V3 domain.xml template in nucleus

 <log-service file="${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/logs/server.log"
log-rotation-limit-in-bytes="2000000">
        <module-log-levels />
      </log-service>

It is still in there after running V3 over and over again

For laughs I ran 'asadmin start-domain --upgrade' on this same **V3**
installation.

And sure enough it removed the log-service element.

Is this just me or is this really weird?

1) Why does upgrade run at all on a V3 installation? Shouldn't it know
it is not really an upgrade?
2) Why is log-service in the nucleus default domain.xml. Isn't it just
a source of confusion?