dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: changes to the upgrade code?

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:23:11 -0700

Carla Mott wrote on 10/14/09 12:11:

> Recall that the logging info is in domain.xml and that it needs to be
> moved to logging.properties. That was done in UpgradeLogging the first
> time that the server came up until recently. Now I see that the info is
> in 2 places, domain.xml and logging.properties in the latest v3 releases.

I don't understand.

Is the logging information *always* in domain.xml? Is that supposed to
be the master source of the logging information, that is always copied
to logging.properties on startup?

If so, then UpgradeLogging should have nothing to do with the -upgrade option.

I thought the logging information was in domain.xml in previous releases,
and was only in logging.properties in v3. In that case, I don't know why
it would be in domain.xml in v3.